ELDER LAW ATTORNEY IN ROCKVILLE, MARYLAND
Serving clients in Rockville, North Bethesda, and Bethesda, Maryland since 2003
According to statista data released in Sept 2019, about 16 percent of the American population is 65 years old or over. Elder law therefore has become a specialty practice area of the legal profession because the average life span and the number of senior citizens continue to increase.
What Is Elder Law?
Elder Law planning seeks to preserve your money, income and assets, to be used for your benefit and care while you’re still alive. Elder law handles a wide range of legal matters affecting an older or disabled person, including issues related to health care, long term care planning, guardianship, retirement, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and other important matters.
An Elder Law attorney will have unique and in-depth insight into the rights of senior citizens.
Why you need an Elder Law Attorney?
An elder law attorney can help you plan for what will happen if you should become mentally or physically incapable of taking care of yourself and your own personal business matters, and many other issues that arise because of age.
- As we enter retirement age, there are government benefits that may be available to us; an elder law attorney can assist in these matters.
- Help in Social security and disability claims and appeals.
- Provide help with health care and planning, including long term care options, patient rights, Medicare, and health care power of attorney.
- Plan and administer an estate
- Supplemental and long-term health insurance issues
- Explain nursing home resident rights and help file nursing home claims.
- Help in Elder abuse and fraud recovery cases
- Will take into account and empathize with some of the physical and mental difficulties that often accompany the aging process.
Contact Our Experienced Maryland Elder Law Attorney
Working with a qualified elder law attorney in Maryland can help avoid simple and yet very costly mistakes. Attorney Evan J. Krame is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc (NAELA). He has also serves as trustee for special needs trusts and guardian for elderly and incapacitated adults and is one of Maryland’s most respected attorneys practicing in the area of Elder Law.
Contact us for assistance in evaluating the options available for long term care support and elder law services.